Now that the 2022-2023 Ski Season is over, it’s time to think about next year. There’s no doubt that skiing is an expensive sport, but season passes are a great way to save on lift tickets. Be sure to check out season pass deals at your favorite ski mountain near Albany NY, before they close out, typically around Memorial Day. Even now, you can sign up to be notified when Kids Ski Free NY pass registration becomes available in the Fall.
With the SKI NY Passport Program-Kids Ski Free program, 4th Graders, and sometimes 3rd Graders, or children under 12 and under sk for free.
Here’s how the Ski New York Passport Program works:
- Any 3rd or 4th Grade Student (even if they’re NOT from NY) can ski or ride at MOST ski resorts in New York this winter (when accompanied by a paying adult.)
- Most years, if the child has never skied before, they can sign up for the Learn to Ski or Snowboard package.
- The program is intended to be used when ski resorts are less busy. In most cases, it’s not available on weekends or holiday periods. Blackout dates apply.
- There is a limit to how many days of skiing it provides. Students can only use it for lift tickets one year, and only three times that year. Each paying adult is limited to accompanying up to three passport program skiers.
- To sign up, there’s a processing fee and proof of student eligibility (ex. report card or progress report.)
- Digital passports are valid at all participating resorts while open.
To find participating ski resorts and submit applications, head to the Ski NY website.