Unless you have been living under a rock, by now you’ve heard of Pinterest. The hot, new social network on the block, Pinterest elicits passionate devotion from pin addicts, and vociferous complaints from the uninitiated, “Not another social network!”
“It’s different this time,” I say, “you’ll love it because Pinterest lets you do something totally new: collect and corral ideas visually. Any social networking that occurs along the way is just icing on the cake.”
But the true beauty of Pinterest is in the show and tell.
Click on Sandra Foyt on Pinterest to find my collection of pinboards. Each pinboard is a collection of pins (images and text that link to blog posts and websites, some found on Albany Kid and many more pinned elsewhere.) Right now, it’s a hodgepodge of pinboards because I’ve chosen to have just one presence on Pinterest, which includes all my interests.
To help you find the pinboards that might interest you, I’ve sorted them out below.
Albany Kid Family Travel on Pinterest
- Family Travel – Fun and educational family travel ideas to plan the best day trips, road trips, and family vacations.
- Family Vacations – Follow our family vacations from road trips across America, to expeditions around the world.
- Family Travel Inspiration – (Collaborative Board) Favorite posts and wish lists from the family travel blogosphere, created by Amy Whitley of Pit Stops for Kids.
- Travel – Advice, resources, and travel tips.
- Why Travel? – A collection of travel essays.
- Storybook Travel – Children’s Book Treasury: storybook settings, places with a tale, and other toys and inspiration for traveling readers.
- Food Travel – Foodie adventures and culinary travel.
- Culture Travel – The stories, histories, and cultural insights that make travel interesting.
- Do Good! Travel -Voluntourism, volunteer vacations, advocates, and Do Good! family adventures.
- Travel New York – Images, itineraries, inspiration, and travel tips to plan day trips, weekend getaways, and family vacations in New York.
- Road Trips – A collection of itineraries and travel tips for road trips in the USA.
- Florida Travel – Inspiration and travel tips to plan day trips, weekend getaways, and family vacations.
- California Travel – Images, itineraries, inspiration, and travel tips to plan day trips, weekend getaways, and family vacations in California.
- Travel Virgin Islands – 82 degrees year round, the USVI is an American Paradise. Photos, fun things to do, and travel tips to plan the best island vacations. And a dose of melee and local culture for spice.
- Mi Argentina Querida (Travel) – Travel in and around Argentina, land of my mother.
- Travel Nepal – Planning family travel to Nepal in Summer, 2012.
- Czech Travel – Planning a return trip to the Czech Republic, my husband’s homeland.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites – (Collaborative board) via Amy Moore at Everything-Everywhere.com.
- We Be Cruisin’ – Inspiration for cruise ship travel.
- Lifelong Learning – Ideas and resources for enrichment.
- Family Travel Blogs
- Travel Blogs – Some of my favorite travel blogs, with the exception of Family Travel blogs, which have their own pinboard.
Sandra Foyt on Pinterest
- Social Media Lessons – Social media tips and resources to get the best out of Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Blogs, and other shiny new toys of the Internets.
- Photography Lessons – Photography tips and tutorials.
- Give Me Some Sugar – Tempting treats, are there any other kind?
- Dreamy Abodes – Accommodations to dream about.
- In the Garden – Gardens as art, refuge, and promise of better days.
- Home Library Office – A room without books is empty indeed.
- Interior Landscapes – If I were to redecorate (or even finish decorating in the first place.)
- It’s Funny – Hilarious and often inappropriate stuff I think is funny.
- This is Fashion? – Puzzling and often amusing things people wear in the name of fashion.
- Wise Words – Inspirational quotes.
- Sweet Rides – Vehicular art.
- Travel Photos – Shooting to tell a story.
- Exotic Drinks – Cocktails and beach drinks.
- Bucket List – Places to see before I die.
- Travel Gear
- Travel Souvenirs
- Blog Conferences
- Travel Blog Conferences
- Windows and Doors – Opening vistas around the world.
- Falling Water
What You Can Do with Albany Kid Family Travel on Pinterest
- If you have an account, you can follow me to see all my new pins as they enter Pinterest in real-time.
- Or, you can follow individual boards which limits you to only seeing those new pins as they enter Pinterest in real-time.
- You can Facebook “like” boards.
- You can Pinterest “like” a pin, and it will be aggregated on your home board.
- You can repin any pin onto your own boards, even without following a board or a pinner.
- If invited onto a collaborative board, you can add to, edit, and rearrange a board we share in common.
- You can also unfollow boards and users at any time: they will not be notified.
Disclaimer – My pinboards are a work in progress. Ongoing and significant editing, rearranging, and remodeling can be expected.