50+ Family Travel Blogs on Pinterest

by Sandra Foyt on March 5, 2012

in Travel Resources

Family-Travel-on-PinterestIn the travel and tourism industry, it is the family travel bloggers that are leading the way on Pinterest. Although destination photos are a popular item to pin on “Bucket Lists” and “Places I’ve Been” boards, travel bloggers have not yet embraced the possibilities – many citing that it only appeals to women – until now.

This weekend Gary Arndt of www.everything-everywhere.com, a highly-regarded travel blogger and one of the Pinterest early-adopters, declared his blog a “100% Pinterest safe zone” going so far as to say, “I give full authority for anyone to use my images on Pinterest.”

I applaud that stance, and call your attention to 50+ Family Travel Bloggers who are creating beautiful and inspirational travel boards on Pinterest:

1. 1 Dad 1 Kid  – Boards: Windwalker Duo Twitter: @1Dad1Kid
  2. Adventurous Moms – Boards: Jen Bauer Twitter: @jendcbauer
  3. Almost Fearless – Boards: Christine Gilbert Twitter: @almostfearless
  4. Albany Kid – Boards: Albany Kid / Sandra Foyt Twitter: @sandrafoyt @albanykidNY
  5. All Over the Map – Boards: Paige Totaro / All Over the Map Twitter: @tweetthemap
  6. Annie Andre/Practical Adventurology – Boards: Annie Andre Twitter: @AnnieAndreHacks
  7. Arrows Sent Forth – Boards: Nicole Wiltrout Twitter: @arrowssentforth
  8. Bohemian Travelers – Boards: Bohemian Travelers Twitter: @TravelBohemian
  9. Budget Travel Adventures – Boards: Budget Travel Adventures Twitter: @budgettravelsac
  10. Chic Traveling Mama – Boards: Rana Mancini Cavanaugh Twitter: @ChicTMama
  11. Child Mode – Boards: Nadia Carriere Twitter: @childmode @travelermode @nadiacarriere
  12. Ciao Bambino! – Boards: Ciao Bambino! Twitter: @CiaoBambino
  13. Culture Every Day – Boards: Justine Ickes Twitter: @justineickes
  14. Dana Rebmann – Boards: Dana Rebmann Twitter: @drebmann
  15. DeliciousBaby – Boards: Debbie Dubrow Twitter: @deliciousbaby @tripdoc
  16. Discover Share Inspire – Boards: Rachel Christensen Denning Twitter: @rdenning
  17. Family Adventure Project – Boards: The Family Adventure Project Twitter: @familyonabike
  18. Family on Bikes – Boards: Family on Bikes Vogel Twitter: @familyonbikes
  19. Family Rambling – Boards: Jody Halsted Twitter: @iatraveler (Ireland With Kids)
  20. FamilyTravel.Everything-Everywhere – Boards: EverywhereAmy Twitter: @everywhereamy
  21. Family Treks – Boards: Suzette Mack  Twitter: @FamilyTreks
  22. Family Vacation Critic – Boards: FamilyVacationCritic  Twitter: @FamilyVacation
  23. Expedition Mom – Boards: ExpeditionMom Twitter: @ExpeditionMom
  37. Livin On The Road – Boards: Amy Page Twitter: @livinontheroad
  38. Living Outside of the Box – Boards: Living Outside of the Box Twitter:
  39. Macaroni Kid – Boards: Macaroni Kid Family Travel  Twitter: @MacKidTravel
  40. MiniTime – Boards: MiniTime Twitter: @MiniTimeFamily
  41. Mo Travels – Boards: Monique Rubin @ Mo Travels Twitter: @monique_rubin
  42. Mommy Travels – Boards: Meagan Shamy  Twitter: @mommytravels
  43. Nate and Rachael/Nothing if Not Intentional – Boards: Rachael (Nothing if Not Intentional) Twitter: @nateandrachael
  44. Pint Size Pilot – Boards: Tara Cannon Twitter: @pintsizedpilot
  45. Pit Stops for Kids –  Boards: Amy Whitley Twitter: @pitstopsforkids
  46. R We There Yet Mom? – Boards: Rebecca Darling Twitter: @Rwethereyetmom
  47. Rock Star Mom – Boards: Stefanie Van Aken @ rockstarmomlv Twitter: @RockStarMomLV
  48. Road Trips for Families – Boards: Road Trips for Families Twitter: @roadtripseditor
  49. Sherri May’s Traveling Classroom – Boards: Sherri Scofield-May Twitter: @SMTravelingCR
  50. Sophie’s World – Boards: Anne-Sophie Redisch Twitter: @SophieR
  51. Suitcases and Sippy Cups – Boards: Jessica Bowers Twitter: @SCasesandSCups
  52. That’s Hamori – Boards: Eva Hamori Twitter: @thatshamori
  53. The Culture Mom – Boards: Holly Fink Twitter: @theculturemom
  54. The Dropout Diaries – Boards: The Dropout Twitter: @DropoutDiaries
  55. The Family Suitcase- Boards: Heather Twitter: @familysuitcase
  56. The Mother of All Trips – Boards: Mara Gorman Twitter: @motherofalltrip
  57. The Q Family Adventures – Boards: Amy Querido Twitter: @TheQFamily @AtlantaWithKid
  58. The Silent I – Boards:Glennia Campbell Twitter: @Glennia
  59. The Traveling Praters – Boards: Tonya Prater Twitter: @travelermom
  60. The Travelling Mom – Boards: Travelling Mom Twitter: @travelling_mom
  61. The Vacation Gals – Boards: Jen Miner Twitter: @karasw @thevacationgals
  62. The Working Mom’s Travels – Boards: Francesca Mazurkiewicz Twitter: @WorkMomTravels
  63. The World Is A Book – Boards: Mary @ The World Is A Book Twitter: @worldbooktravel
  64. To Destination Unknown – Boards: Satu VänskäWestgarth @SatuVW
  65. Travel 50 States With Kids – Boards: Travel50States Twitter: @Travel50States
  66. Travel Experta – Boards: Marina K. Villatoro Twitter: @marinavillatoro
  67. Travel Mamas – Boards: Colleen Lanin/Travel Mamas Twitter: @TravelMamas
  68. Traveling Mamas – Boards: Shannon Lane Twitter: @CajunMama @TravelingMamas
  69. Traveling Mom – Boards: Travelingmoms Twitter: @travelingmoms
  70. Travelogged – Boards: Travelogged  Twitter: @Travelogged
  71. Travel Turtle – Boards: Ann@travelturtle Twitter: @Ann_Travels
  72. Travel with Bender – Boards: Erin Bender Twitter: @TravelwitBender
  73. Trekaroo –  Boards: Trekaroo and Michelle McCoy Twitter: @trekaroo @doubleadventure @mcfamaroo
  74. Two Kids and a Map – Boards: Jen Twitter: @twokidsandamap
  75. Wagoners Abroad – Boards: Heidi Wagoner Twitter: @WagonersAbroad
  76. WalkingonTravels – Boards: Keryn Means Twitter: @walkingontravel
  77. Wandering Working Mom – Boards: Adrienne Veglia Mazeau Twitter: @WandWorkMom
  78. Wandering Educators – Boards: Jessie Voigts Twitter: @WanderingEds
  79. Wild Tales of – Boards: Kate Spiller Twitter: @wildtalesof
  80. Working Traveling Mom – Boards: Teresa (Working Traveling Mom) Twitter: @TeresaShaw
  81. We Just Got Back – Boards: WeJustGotBack Twitter: @WeJustGotBack

Pinterest isn’t for everyone; here are family travel bloggers who have yet to succumb:

I want to thank a few family travel bloggers who helped make this list possible:

For the record, Albany Kid is a 100% Pinterest Safe Zone. You are welcome; indeed, encouraged to pin any image you find on this site. To make pinning easy, there’s a Pin It! button at the bottom of every post. And there’s even a Pinvolve! app set up on Albany Kid’s Facebook Page.

Did I miss any family travel blogs on Pinterest? Leave the link here in the comments. I’ll be happy to add new ones too!

You Might Like:

| Sandra Foyt inspires lifelong-learners to travel the world. A former education advocate and enrichment coach, she lived in Buenos Aires, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Washington, D.C., New York City, and Southern California before settling in Northeast NY with two teens, an outdoorsy husband, and a well-indulged Chocolate Lab. Sandra contributes to Being Latino, and her portfolio appears at www.SandraFoyt.com. Email: sandrafoyt@albanykid.com, Twitter @SandraFoyt.

Barbara March 5, 2012 at 3:42 am

Oh, I HAVE succumbed to Pinterest. I was just slow in responding to your call for information.

http://www.thedropoutdiaries.com has a Pinterest presence at: http://pinterest.com/dropoutdiaries/

I’ve got a lot of work to to do check out all these amazing boards!
Barbara recently posted..Nanny No-ShowMy Profile

Sandra Foyt
Twitter: SandraFoyt
March 5, 2012 at 8:03 am

No worries, Barbara. Your boards are on the list now, and may I say, I LOVE your “Dreaming of Provence” board!

Twitter: GoBIG_GoHome
March 5, 2012 at 8:51 am

Wow; what a list! I’m exhausted just thinking about the amount of work that went into compiling this. Thanks for including us.
Traci recently posted..Top Five Reasons To Attend the 2012 Philadelphia International Flower ShowMy Profile

Anji March 5, 2012 at 9:21 am

I totally agree with Traci! As soon as I finished going through the article I thought “So much work and time must have gone in ellaborating this information!” Thank you for sharing :)

walkingon travels March 5, 2012 at 10:29 am

So well organized! Thanks so much for including us and spreading the Pinterest joy :-)
walkingon travels recently posted..Puzzle of a Playground at Luther Burbank ParkMy Profile

wandering educators March 5, 2012 at 11:16 am

thank you, thank you, thank you! this is fantastic – and i just LOVE pinterest. :)
wandering educators recently posted..Big Earth ExplorersMy Profile

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters
Twitter: travelermom
March 5, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Great list! I can’t wait to go check out everyone’s pins! I’m slooooowly getting started on Pinterest. http://pinterest.com/travelermom/
Twitter: travelermom
Tonya @ The Traveling Praters recently posted..Big Chicken- Marietta, Georgia- Legend, Landmark or Roadside Attraction?My Profile

Stacy Aldrich March 5, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Hi there!

We would love to be included in your list of “non” Pinterest if you are making additions? Thanks for taking the time to check us out http://www.travelrink.com!! What great information as we follow so many bloggers and are always seeking great family travel ideas! We appreciate you taking the time to organize this list for the industry!

Suzette Mack March 5, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Actually I am on Pinterest, but it is linked to my personal Facebook account.

I have a separate Facebook business page, but I am not sure that I can create a separate Pinterest account for that. I guess I need to put a Pinterest widget on my blog!

Suzette Mack

Adventures for Families Blog (http://family-treks.blogspot.com/)
Suzette Mack recently posted..Ten Great Things in Two Days at the Grand CanyonMy Profile

Spencer March 6, 2012 at 1:09 am

Thanks! What a great list of travel content.

Monique March 6, 2012 at 3:38 am

Thanks for compiling this list.

Rachel Denning March 6, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I just recently succumbed…I’d love to be added. Family of seven driving from Alaska to Argentina in a veggie powered truck. http://www.discovershareinspire.com http://pinterest.com/discovershare/ http://www.twitter.com/rdenning.

Aubrey March 6, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Great list! Family Vacation Critic just joined Pinterest too: http://pinterest.com/familyvacays/

Sandra Foyt
Twitter: SandraFoyt
March 7, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I’ve added your links – thanks for sharing!

Aubrey March 7, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Thanks, Sandra!

Jen March 6, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Great list! We’d love to be added – http://adventurousmoms.com and http://pinterest.com/jendcbauer/
Jen recently posted..The Simple Pleasures of a SnowfallMy Profile

Sandra Foyt
Twitter: SandraFoyt
March 7, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I’ve added you to the list – thanks for sharing!

Seattle airport transportation March 7, 2012 at 2:44 am

thanks for sharing this!!!!

Sarah V. March 9, 2012 at 12:33 am

Thank you for creating this wonderful resource! I’m off to go follow some of these fantastic boards…
Sarah V. recently posted..Spring Training Road Trip: Starting Off A New Season of Cubs BaseballMy Profile

Kristy July 9, 2012 at 3:49 am

Happy to add mine to the list. It is a bit of a true “pin board” as it has a multitude of pins from all sorts of sources! http://pinterest.com/kristenmharris/
Kristy recently posted..The one where I nearly screw up our trip to TurkeyMy Profile

Tara Cannon September 28, 2012 at 11:10 am

Hello Sandra,
I would love to be included on this list !
My site is : http://pintsizepilot.com – survival skills for travel with babies toddlers & kids
twitter: @pintsizedpilot.com
pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pintsizepilot/cool-kids-travel-gear/

Thank you !
Tara Cannon recently posted..paris with children part 2 – getting from the airport and around townMy Profile

Paige AllOvertheMap January 11, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Sorry I missed this earlier! We’re on Pinterest, too: http://pinterest.com/alloverthemap/

Holly January 13, 2013 at 12:45 am

I am SO beyond honored to be included and am following EVERYONE of you.

Meghan @JaMonkey March 13, 2013 at 11:22 am

Thanks for including me! I have a new one launching in spring but everything is “up” now!

Yeah, Let’s Go! http://yeahletsgo.com Pinterest http://pinterest.com/yeahletsgo @YeahLetsGo

Thanks again you rock!
Meghan @JaMonkey recently posted..Have Cake Will Smash #WWMy Profile

Francesca (@WorkMomTravels)
Twitter: WorkMomTravels
April 4, 2013 at 4:07 pm

How did I not see this a year ago?! Thanks for including me! I am on Pinterest and have been for a while, though I go by my “real” name and not my bloggy persona: http://pinterest.com/francescafm/

I shall pin this page for future reference :-)

Teresa @ Working Traveling Mom April 18, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Great list! I haven’t been terribly active on Pinterest, but am trying to change that! My Pinterest profile is http://pinterest.com/teresawrites/
Teresa @ Working Traveling Mom recently posted..Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Topiary TourMy Profile

Sandra Foyt
Twitter: SandraFoyt
April 19, 2013 at 12:40 am

Teresa – Looking forward to seeing your pins!
Sandra Foyt recently posted..Lessons Learned at Mesa Verde National ParkMy Profile

Annie André June 3, 2013 at 5:48 am

WHOA, i had no idea this list existed Sandra.

Could you add me too?

site is called Practical Adventurology http://www.AnnieAndre.com, Pinterest is http://pinterest.com/annieandre/, twitter is annieandrehacks..

Going through now to follow all the family travel pinterest boards now.

Heidi Wagoner June 9, 2013 at 7:50 am

We would love to be included!

@wagonersabroad for twitter and http://wagonersabroad.com

Heidi Wagoner recently posted..Summer Road Trip Europe – 2013My Profile