Welcome to the ultimate family travel guide to New York City! New York City is one of the most exciting and vibrant destinations in the world, and it’s a great place to visit with kids of all ages. With its iconic landmarks, world-renowned museums, delicious food, and diverse neighborhoods, New York City offers endless opportunities for families to explore, learn, and have fun together.
This guide is designed to help families make the most of their trip to the Big Apple, whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or a longer vacation. We’ve compiled a list of the best family-friendly activities and attractions, as well as insider tips on navigating the city, finding kid-friendly restaurants, and making the most of your time in New York. From the bright lights of Times Square to the peaceful oasis of Central Park, there’s something for everyone in New York City.
Here is a round-up of our articles, as well as tips from some of my favorite family travel writers. So pack your bags, grab the kids, and get ready for an unforgettable family adventure in one of the most exciting cities in the world!
Table of Contents
Things To Do In NYC With Kids
American Museum of Natural History
- New York City with Kids: Beyond Planet Earth at the American Museum of Natural History
- Spiders Alive! at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Tips for a Family-Friendly Visit to The Metropolitan Museum
- Tour The Lightning Thief Setting In New York City
- Storybook Setting for The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
- Chinese Arts
- Nekkid Contrapposto – Amid the Greek and Roman Art at The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Radio City Music Hall (GoBigorGoHomeBlog.com)
- A World Tour In a Day: United Nations, NBC Studio Tour, Nintendo World, and Chinatown
Things To Do
- World’s Largest Disney Store (GoBigorGoHomeBlog.com)
- Tips to Navigating NYC with Kids (Sherri May’s Traveling Classroom)?
- Have Toddler Will Travel – New York City (HaveToddlerWillTravel.com)
- Travel New York City (AlbanyKid.com)
- Manhattan (JerseyKids.net)
- New York City with Kids (DeliciousBaby.com)
- New York City with Kids (FieldTripswithSue.com)
- Sample Three Day New York City Itinerary with CityPASS (and Teens) (TheTravelingPraters.com)
What to Eat In New York City
- Dinner and a Dream at the Stardust Diner in New York City
- Take the Kids To Dylan’s Candy Bar in New York City
Where To Stay In New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square: A Quiet Oasis in NYC
- Hilton Garden Inn Staten Island: a Family-Friendly Budget NYC Hotel
New York City Deals
- NYCgo.com – NYC: The Official Guide lists deals, free things to do, and lots of travel planning resources to maximize travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs.
- Travel Deal: New York CityPASS Saves Nearly Half Off a Visit to Popular Landmarks
This round up is a work in progress – lots more on deck! – so bookmark the article and check back for new additions.