Last spring, my son and I went to a few fast food restaurants to see if it was possible to feel satisfied with a healthy, low-calorie meal. It was. Here is how we did it.
How to Enjoy Healthy Fast Food:
- Take a Bite Out of Fast Food with iChoose600 – Find out how to make healthy choices at fast food restaurants.
- Healthy Fast Food at Burger King – It’s not as hard as you think to eat a healthy meal in a fast food restaurant.
- Can You Eat Less Than 600 Calories at Five Guys? – This was the true test given the limited options, but we did it.
- Fast Food Breakfast at McDonald’s – A quick and filling breakfast doesn’t have to break diet resolutions; it can even help you stick to ‘em.
- Wendy’s Salads Are a Great Way to Watch What You Eat – Salads are a great choice for healthy dining, but watch out for the dressing!
One more thing…
While the iChoose600 Campaign was great for introducing us to the concept of healthy fast food, I found that it was easier to count calories with the Fast Food Calorie Counter app on my iPhone (also available on the Android platform.)