By any definition, Albany has outgrown its Smallbany nickname. The Capital District offers the charms of small town America, as well as the urban attractions of Albany, Troy, and Saratoga Springs. There are many events, attractions, museums, and seasonal activities within the region; but Albany happens to also be ideally situated for exploring all of the Northeast.
A short drive takes you to the Adirondacks, the Berkshires, or the Hudson Valley. And because Albany is located smack in the middle between Boston and New York City, it’s an easy day trip to to either. Even all of New York State, New England, or Quebec are within weekend getaway range.
Things To Do with Kids in the Capital District
- Family Explorations of History and Science at the Schenectady Museum & Suits Bueche Planetarium
- A Visit to the Childrens Museum of Science (CMOST)
- New York State Museum Gearing Up for Fall Enrichment Activities for Toddlers to School Age Kids
- 99 Things To Do With Kids In and Around Albany This Summer
- New York State Capitol Displays New Exhibits
- Historic Sites In New York – Yankee Doodle Came to Fort Crailo
- The Albany Curling Club
- Jumping Jacks: Dinner, Show, & Water Ski Lessons
- Plan B: Indoor Excitement At The Fun Spot
- Catskill, NY Goes Gaga Over Cats
- Non-Lame Things To Do With Teens In The Capital Region
- Family Friendly Hikes In The Capital Region
- Swim! Swim! Swim! – Pool and Beach Locales in the Capital Region
- Skate Parks In The Capital Region
- Ice Skating In The Capital Region: Indoors, Outdoors & Year-Round
- Ski New England: Plan a Road Trip to a Ski Resort!
- Snow Tubing: Fun Day Trips and Party Places Near Albany, NY
- Cross Country Ski New York