Family Travel On Instagram

by Sandra Foyt on July 11, 2013

in Travel Photos

Instagram Family Travel - Family learning about the first bicycles at the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh, PA

What does family travel look like? Is it beach blankets and sand toys? Alpine trees and hiking boots? Robots and Imax films? All of these and so, so much more? I bet that if we asked a hundred parents, we might get a hundred different answers.

Help us create a family travel mosaic on Instagram. Tag your photos #FamilyTravel and I will share the ones that make me smile here on my contribution to Instagram Travel Thursday, the weekly blog post collection that answers the age-old question: where to go next?

This week–the first one ever– Instagram Travel Thursday introduces its seven delightful hosts. Find awesome new Instagramers and even more reason to start planning your next trip.

Want some travel inspiration NOW? Here are recent #FamilyTravel Instagram photos:

Join the Instagram Travel Thursday Linky

Wouldn’t it be fun to join bloggers on the Instagram Travel Thursday Linky? You can! Share any travel photo on Instagram using the hashtag #igtravelthursday and/or add an Instagram related blog post to Instagram Travel Thursday. Keep it friendly: no giveaways or other linkys, link back to one of the hosts, and give some loving to linkers.

And by the way, you can find me on Instagram here: SandraFoyt Instagrams.

Sandra Foyt is a storyteller, photographer, and road trip junkie.

A veteran of six cross-country road trips, she drove Route 66, the Lincoln Highway, the fossil freeway, the extraterrestrial highway, and even “the loneliest road in America.”

Find her on GetawayMavens.com, an award-winning destination guide to extraordinary travel in and from Northeast USA, on her portfolio site at SandraFoyt.com, and in freelance gigs on Family Travel 411, Minitime, Huffington Post, and Matador Network.

Email: sandrafoyt@albanykid.com, Twitter @SandraFoyt.

Elena July 11, 2013 at 9:21 am

Love this idea! Am taking my daughter to NYC next week so will be sure to use the hashtag.

Sandra Foyt July 11, 2013 at 9:26 am

Have a fabulous time in the Big Apple! Can’t wait to see your #familytravel images, Elena!
Sandra Foyt recently posted..Family Travel On InstagramMy Profile

Leigh Powell Hines @Hinessightblog July 11, 2013 at 10:43 am

Sandra, It’s so nice to be introduced to your Instagram account and your blog. I, too, will use your hashtag. Family travel is the best, and I believe it’s the best classroom environment we can provide for our children. These are some great photos. And the best part is that everyone is having fun.

Thanks for joining us.
Leigh Powell Hines @Hinessightblog recently posted..Instagram Travel Link-Up: The Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort and SpaMy Profile

Mandi McClure July 11, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Thanks for checking out my blog post. I love that you included Tide Pods on your post. I love those for traveling!
Mandi McClure recently posted..Travel Thrusday: Instagram walk thru Lincolnton, NCMy Profile

Katja of Skimbaco July 11, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I love the #familytravel hashtag! Such a great idea to bring traveling parents together. Thanks for joining the first Instagram Travel Thursday – hope to see you next week again!
Katja of Skimbaco recently posted..New Weekly Feature & Linky: Instagram Travel Thursday – Join us!My Profile

Satu VW July 11, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Sandra I LOVE this! I’ve been following the #familytravel tag for a little while (well, since you introduced it) and it has been great to see what variety of images you can find under the same umbrella. This is a brilliant idea and it was fun to see one of my images in the mosaic too. 🙂
Satu VW recently posted..Instagram Travel Thursday: I Would Rather Be…My Profile

Cheryl @ KidsOnAPlane July 12, 2013 at 12:25 am

You are an Instagram pro Sandra! I knew this when we toured Niagara Falls together 🙂

Now how did you create that collage?
Cheryl @ KidsOnAPlane recently posted..Activities for Kids in Toronto this SummerMy Profile

Sandra Foyt July 12, 2013 at 12:46 am

Ha! Thanks for the compliment, Cheryl! The collage was created on SnapWidget.
Sandra Foyt recently posted..Family Travel On InstagramMy Profile

Monique July 15, 2013 at 7:40 am

My kids are out of school in a few days and our summer of family travel will begin. I will certainly be sure to use the hashtag.

Jenn July 29, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Fantastic idea! I love seeing the way other families travel and just what they do on their vacations. I’ll be checking these out on the regular for sure!

{ 1 trackback }