Albany Kid Family Travel

menu navigation

1. Biltmore Photo Tour - Albany Kid Family Travel
    May 11, 2013 • 11:22 pm

[...] Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park, New York, I was surprised to hear that it was built by one of the more frugal of William Vanderbilt’s [...]

2. D.J. - The World of Deej
    May 13, 2013 • 4:55 pm

Wow I didn’t realize there were so many sites in Hyde Park. Interesting point you make in the beginning. Can you imagine a President trying to stay on for 4 terms today? There would be riots in the streets!
    D.J. – The World of Deej recently posted..Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando – Check-In FloridaMy Profile

3. Cat of Sunshine and Siestas
    Twitter: sunshinesiestas
    May 14, 2013 • 3:28 am

How fascinating! I remember my parents dragging me around presidential sites in New England, but as a 13-year-old, it all seemed too distant.
    Cat of Sunshine and Siestas recently posted..Seville Snapshots: Domingo de RomeríaMy Profile

4. Penny Sadler
    May 14, 2013 • 9:09 am

I love visiting old homes and especially from that period. It really was a special time in our history and the materials used to build are not even available today in many cases. It’s a nice way of bringing architecture and history together.

5. wandering educators
    May 14, 2013 • 3:51 pm

what an incredible trip this is! i’d love to see all of those places – and talk with the guides. put it on my travel list – thank you!
    wandering educators recently posted..Education Through TravelMy Profile

6. Larissa
    May 14, 2013 • 9:36 pm

Great review of the area, and an interesting slice of history!
    Larissa recently posted..Prologue to a journey: One night in SaigonMy Profile

7. Val @ThisWayToParadise
    May 15, 2013 • 10:05 am

Wow! Our world has changed so much in such a short time!
    Val @ThisWayToParadise recently posted..The Top 29 Things I Learned From My TravelsMy Profile

8. Discover New York with kids | Albany kids activities | things to do in NY with kids
    May 15, 2013 • 10:07 am

[...] The Roosevelt Story In Hyde Park, New York [...]

9. Terry at Overnight New York
    May 16, 2013 • 5:08 pm

Love the anecdote about Roosevelt’s collection of political cartoons in the foyer. There’s always so much unexpected history in historic estates like Hyde Park.
    Terry at Overnight New York recently posted..Yotel: Catch the Intrepid’s Summer MoviesMy Profile

10. Bethaney - Flashpacker Family
    May 17, 2013 • 4:45 am

American history is just so fascinating to me as a non-American.
    Bethaney – Flashpacker Family recently posted..40 Tips to Help You Travel Smarter, Cheaper, Safer, Lighter and, errr… Awesomer!My Profile

iPad Theme