When the 31st Annual LarkFEST, Upstate New York’s largest one-day street festival, returns to Albany on September 15th, it will feature a special appearance by the L.L. Bean Bootmobile. 2012 marks the 100th Anniversary of L.L.Bean and as part of its anniversary celebration L.L.Bean has created the L.L.Bean Bootmobile – a larger than life version of its most iconic product – which is traveling across the country inspiring people to enjoy the outdoors.
L.L.Bean Bootmobile at LarkFEST
At LarkFEST, visitors to the L.L. Bean Bootmobile will have the opportunity to:
- Learn About Ways to Enjoy the Outdoors – Experts from L.L.Bean’s Outdoor Discovery School will be on hand to offer tips on easy, affordable ways to get outside. Additionally, the retail shop at Colonie Center will include demonstrations of outdoor activities such as fly casting. Gear and gift card giveaways are available at both locations (while supplies last) .
- Support the National Park Foundation – Join L.L.Bean and take a photo with the L.L.Bean Bootmobile. Share it through L.L.Bean’s social channels to help raise $1 million for the National Park Foundation as part of L.L.Bean’s Million Moment Mission – and every outdoor moment shared, L.L.Bean will donate a dollar to the National Park Foundation, up to $1 million.
- Get Out(fitted) – For every day of the 100th Anniversary year, L.L.Bean is outfitting fans with more than $100,000 in L.L.Bean gear or Outdoor Discovery School experiences (valued up to $500) through the Get Out(fitted) Gear Giveaway – learn how to apply and get outfitted to get outside!
L.L.Bean’s Outdoor Discovery School in Albany
Year-round, L.L. Bean’s Outdoor Discovery School in Albany offers a number of affordable introductory programs, all suitable for children ages 8 and up:
- Snowshoeing Discovery Course, $20. Runs on weekends from January through March.
- Starlight Snowshoe Tour, $29. Runs on Fridays from January through March. (Includes hot cocoa and snacks.)
- Fall Foliage Kayak Tour, $59. Runs on weekends in October.
- Freshwater Sunset Kayak Tour, $59. Runs June through August (done for the year).
- Kayaking Discovery Course, $20. Runs May through September (done for the year).
- Introduction to Recreational Kayaking, $99. Runs in June and July. Four hours! (Done for the year.)
Go Do It!WHAT: L.L.Bean’s Bootmobile Visits Albany’s 31st Annual LarkFEST WHEN: Saturday, September 15, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. WHERE: 245 Lark Street, Albany, NY 12210 For more information about L.L.Bean’s 100th Anniversary activities and the Bootmobile visit www.llbean.com. Looking for outdoor enthusiasts and organized outings? Sign up to kayak, fly fish, hike, bike, ice skate, cross-country skiing and snowshoe with the L.L. Bean Albany Outing Meetup Group. L.L. Bean Store in Albany (home to the Outdoor Discovery School) Colonie Center 131 Colonie Center #194 Albany, NY 12205
Sandra Foyt | Sandra Foyt inspires lifelong-learners to travel the world. A former education advocate and enrichment coach, she lived in Buenos Aires, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Washington, D.C., New York City, and Southern California before settling in Northeast NY with two teens, an outdoorsy husband, and a well-indulged Chocolate Lab. Sandra contributes to Being Latino, and her portfolio appears at www.SandraFoyt.com. Email: email@example.com, Twitter @SandraFoyt.