Travel Deal: New York CityPASS Saves Nearly Half Off a Visit to Popular Landmarks
CityPASS, the ticket booklet program to popular tourist attractions in major U.S. cities – including New York, Atlanta, Houston, Philadelphia, Boston, Toronto, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, or Hollywood – saves 46 percent off combined admission to six top New York City attractions.
In January, Travel + Leisure magazine released its first-ever reader survey of the world’s most popular landmarks. Not surprisingly, five New York City locales made the list of most popular sites, including the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building (ranked no. 1 and no. 2, respectively, on the list of reader favorites). The other New York picks included The High Line, a park built on the historic freight rail line elevated above Manhattan’s West Side; 8 Spruce Street, a rippling, silver-skinned, Frank Gehry-designed building that is also the tallest residential tower in the Western world; and the National September 11 Memorial.
Each New York CityPASS includes prepaid admission to the Empire State Building, American Museum of Natural History, The Metropolitan Museum of Art and The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), as well as a choice between a trip to the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island or a Circle Line Sightseeing Cruise, and a choice between the Guggenheim Museum and Top of the Rock observation deck.
2012 visitors to New York shouldn’t miss Beyond Planet Earth: The Future of Space Exploration, an exhibition at the American Museum of Natural History (on display through Aug. 12, 2012). This interactive exhibition offers a vision of space travel within our solar system and beyond. It includes a re-creation of a lunar habitat, a model of a space elevator, and a full-scale model of the Mars Curiosity Rover. (Read our review of Beyond Planet Earth.)
For more fun things to do in New York City with kids, see:
- Taking the Train into the City
- New York City with Kids: Beyond Planet Earth at the American Museum of Natural History
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – Tips for a Fun Thing To Do With Kids In New York City
- Dinner and a Dream at the Stardust Diner in New York City
- Spiderman the Musical, and Other Feats of Great Daring in Times Square
- A World Tour In a Day: United Nations, NBC Studio Tour, Nintendo World, and Chinatown
- Street Fairs Satisfy Even The Finickiest Palates
- Take the Kids To Dylan’s Candy Bar in New York City
- Chinatown – A Fun Thing To Do With Kids In New York City