Calling all chefs! Destination Hotels & Resorts is sponsoring the 2nd Annual Kids Healthy Recipe Contest giving you a chance to not only win a vacation getaway, but also a classroom cooking lesson with one of Destination’s executive chefs.
Destination Hotels & Resorts is committed to children’s nutrition and healthy dining options at their restaurants across the country. This March they are celebrating National Nutrition Month with the Second Annual Kids Healthy Recipe Contest.
- DoubleTree Boston – Bedford Glen (Massachusetts)
- Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center (New Jersey)
- Stowe Mountain Lodge (Vermont)
- Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center (New York)
Kids Healthy Recipe Contest
One grand prize winner will receive:
- Two night stay for four to a full-service Destination Hotels & Resorts property
- Winning recipe featured on the Destination Hotels & Resorts Kid’s Café Menu for one year
- Dinner for four during stay that includes winning recipe prepared by the chef
Two runners-up and the grand prize winner will receive:
- Recipes featured on the Destination Hotels & Resorts Kid’s Café website
- Visit from one of Destination’s executive chefs to your child’s school for a classroom cooking lesson (one chef visit per winner)
- Destination Hotels & Resorts chef coat (kids size of course)
To enter: submit an original recipe (cannot be taken from a cookbook) that appeals to children for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or beverage. The recipe must be health conscious either by the ingredients or the way in which it is prepared. The contest is open to anyone over 18 years of age interested in submitting their kid-friendly creations. The top five winners will be selected by popular vote from all eligible website entries. The top five selected recipes will then be prepared and tested by a panel of Destination Hotels & Resorts chefs who will narrow it down to three finalists. A panel of kid-judges will then choose the ultimate winner based on creativity, taste and health-conscience ingredients. Read all terms & conditions.
Sandra Foyt | Sandra Foyt is a storyteller, photographer, and road trip junkie. A veteran of six cross-country road trips, she drove Route 66, the Lincoln Highway, the fossil freeway, the extraterrestrial highway, and even “the loneliest road in America.” Find her on GetawayMavens.com, an award-winning destination guide to extraordinary travel in and from Northeast USA, on her portfolio site at SandraFoyt.com, and in freelance gigs on Family Travel 411, Minitime, Huffington Post, and Matador Network. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter @SandraFoyt.