Believe it or not, Asheville, North Carolina is within road trip distance from Albany, NY – a very long, 12-hour drive – but doable. I have had the pleasure of driving to Asheville twice, both times for the annual Type A Parent Conference. And I would do it again for vistas of rolling green hills, cultural enthusiasm, and the to-die-for food (a subject I will cover in another article because it needs at least that much attention.)
View of rolling green hills from a balcony at the Biltmore Mansion.
Drum circle in downtown Asheville, NC.
Discover where Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) fought for their lives in Transylvania County’s DuPont State Forest near Asheville, NC. Then enter to win a free Win a Hunger Games Vacation! (Winner will be selected at random on April 11, 2012.)
Filming locations for The Hunger Games (2012) in North Carolina (via Imdb.com):
- Asheville, NC (Arena scenes)
- Charlotte, NC (Capitol scenes)
- Concord, NC (Capitol scenes)
- DuPont State Forest, NC
- Hildebran, NC (District 12)
- North Fork Reservoir, NC
- Pisgah National Forest, NC
- Shelby, NC (District 12)
You Might Like:
- Visit The Hunger Games Movie Filming Locations in North Carolina (Travel-with-teens.com)
- Warner Brothers Studio – The VIP Tour
- Watch Out! The Invasion Is Near…Muppet Parody Trailer
- Film Locations: Texas to Italy In The Tree of Life
Sandra Foyt | Sandra Foyt inspires lifelong-learners to travel the world. A former education advocate and enrichment coach, she lived in Buenos Aires, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Washington, D.C., New York City, and Southern California before settling in Northeast NY with two teens, an outdoorsy husband, and a well-indulged Chocolate Lab. Sandra contributes to Being Latino, and her portfolio appears at www.SandraFoyt.com. Email: email@example.com, Twitter @SandraFoyt.