Outdoors, it can be tricky to harness natural light for photos. Available light can be too harsh, or too dim, to get good detail in the image. And just enough light doesn’t guarantee great photos. But if there is one time of day when you’re likely to capture your best travel photos – it’s in the Golden Hour.
In Day 4 of the SITS Girls’ Pin-tastic Pinterest Challenge, Courtney asked us to take photos in the golden light. Only problem is that it’s been raining hereabouts. That’s not to say that there’s no golden light on rainy days, but I wasn’t out there looking for it.
Instead, I’ve dug up a series of photos taken in Colorado following the light.
At the Garden of the Gods…
Travel Photo Challenge:
- Let’s Talk Travel Photos – Join us on the SITs Girls forum.
- The SITS Girls’ Pin-tastic Pinterest Challenge.
- Travel Photo Challenge – collaborative board on Pinterest.
- Day 1 Forum Activity: Rule of Thirds.
- Skimboard Sprint – Day 1 Assignment: Rule of Thirds.
- Day 2 Forum Activity: Photo Composition.
- Skimboard Sprint, Take Two – Day 2 Assignment: Composition.
- Day 3 Forum Activity: Natural Light.
- Capture Natural Light In Travel Photos – Day 3 Assignment: Natural Light Indoors.
- Day 4 Forum Activity: Outdoor Light
Sandra Foyt | Sandra Foyt is a storyteller, photographer, and road trip junkie. A veteran of six cross-country road trips, she drove Route 66, the Lincoln Highway, the fossil freeway, the extraterrestrial highway, and even “the loneliest road in America.” Find her on GetawayMavens.com, an award-winning destination guide to extraordinary travel in and from Northeast USA, on her portfolio site at SandraFoyt.com, and in freelance gigs on Family Travel 411, Minitime, Huffington Post, and Matador Network. Email: email@example.com, Twitter @SandraFoyt.