Outdoors, it can be tricky to harness natural light for photos. Available light can be too harsh, or too dim, to get good detail in the image. And just enough light doesn’t guarantee great photos. But if there is one time of day when you’re likely to capture your best travel photos – it’s in the Golden Hour.
In Day 4 of the SITS Girls’ Pin-tastic Pinterest Challenge, Courtney asked us to take photos in the golden light. Only problem is that it’s been raining hereabouts. That’s not to say that there’s no golden light on rainy days, but I wasn’t out there looking for it.
Instead, I’ve dug up a series of photos taken in Colorado following the light.
At the Garden of the Gods…
Travel Photo Challenge:
- Let’s Talk Travel Photos – Join us on the SITs Girls forum.
- The SITS Girls’ Pin-tastic Pinterest Challenge.
- Travel Photo Challenge – collaborative board on Pinterest.
- Day 1 Forum Activity: Rule of Thirds.
- Skimboard Sprint – Day 1 Assignment: Rule of Thirds.
- Day 2 Forum Activity: Photo Composition.
- Skimboard Sprint, Take Two – Day 2 Assignment: Composition.
- Day 3 Forum Activity: Natural Light.
- Capture Natural Light In Travel Photos – Day 3 Assignment: Natural Light Indoors.
- Day 4 Forum Activity: Outdoor Light
Sandra Foyt | Sandra Foyt inspires lifelong-learners to travel the world. A former education advocate and enrichment coach, she lived in Buenos Aires, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Washington, D.C., New York City, and Southern California before settling in Northeast NY with two teens, an outdoorsy husband, and a well-indulged Chocolate Lab. Sandra contributes to Being Latino, and her portfolio appears at www.SandraFoyt.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter @SandraFoyt.