Snow may still be on the ground, but it’s not too early to start looking for a summer camp. Registration at many summer camps in Albany, NY open as early as February, and choice summer camps may close out before you know it.
Camps come in all shapes and sizes – summer camps, day camps, enrichment classes, sleep away camps – and many camps offer a staggering selection of programs to appeals to diverse interests.
Here is a round up of resources to help you find Summer Camps in (and near) Albany, NY:
- 2013 Summer Camp Catalog (Capital District Child Care Council) Sign up to receive notification when the catalog is ready.
- The Times Union maintains an ongoing database of summer camps on Camp Guide.
- Kids Out and About maintains a database of summer camps.
- The Children’s Guide lists summer camps.
- Enrichment Classes in the Capital Region for Kids – Many of the programs that offer enrichment classes throughout the year, also offer camp options.
- Capital District Fun published an awesome list in 2010 that’s still worth revisiting.
- Saratoga Mama posts a Saratoga Summer Camp Guide online, and in the current issue of the magazine available online and at area venues.
- Mamatoga maintains a list of summer camps in the Saratoga Springs area.
- Capital District Parent Pages publishes a camp guide in their springl (print) issues.
You Might Like:
- Summer Camps Confession
- Summer Camp Ideas
- Archeology Camps In Northeast New York
- Pssst! Did you hear about the summer camp scholarships at The Arts Center?
- Day Camps Guide For Presidents’ Week In The Capital Region
- Day Camps For Spring Break In The Capital Region
Sandra Foyt | Sandra Foyt is a storyteller, photographer, and road trip junkie. A veteran of six cross-country road trips, she drove Route 66, the Lincoln Highway, the fossil freeway, the extraterrestrial highway, and even “the loneliest road in America.” Find her on GetawayMavens.com, an award-winning destination guide to extraordinary travel in and from Northeast USA, on her portfolio site at SandraFoyt.com, and in freelance gigs on Family Travel 411, Minitime, Huffington Post, and Matador Network. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter @SandraFoyt.