Family Event Listings and Other Fun Things To Do with Kids In The Capital Region
Finding fun things to do with kids in Albany and beyond is easy, but it didn’t used to be that way.
Not that long ago, when we moved to the Capital Region with a toddler, the web wasn’t what it is now. Back then, the only listings of family events were those in the local newspapers, one or two circulars, and coffee shop billboards. Now I’m finding that there are so many great ways to keep up with local listings of things to do with kids, that it’s hard to keep track of it all. So here are my go to sources to find upcoming fun family events.
Family Event Listings
There are a number of websites that do an admirable job of listing family events in the Capital Region, and many do so much more!
- Albany Kids – Google calendar and maps list events and places.
- Albany Mommy - Tips, hints, resources, events, deals, crafts, and giveaways.
- Capital District Fun – Daily dose of perkiness, seasonal crafts, and weekly events listings.
- Capital Region Parks Events – Database of events at local NYS parks.
- Kids Out and About – Originally based in Rochester, Kids Out and About expanded into Albany not too long ago. Already, it has a great easy to navigate calendar and list format, giveaways, and helpful roundups. It also has the popular and fun-to-read, Katie Beltrano of Capital District Fun, at the helm as the local editor.
- Mamatoga - Events, calendar, reviews, giveaways, online market, and more written by two Saratoga Springs moms.
- Saratoga Mama – The fabulous Colleen Pierre, aka Malta Mama, recently took over Saratoga Mama. Now it not only has all the great listings all over Saratoga County that you’ve come to expect, but it’s got a great new feature – the ability to add your events.
- The Children’s Guide – Activities, events, and family resource guide.
- TU Family Fun – See the week’s events sorted by location.
- What about today? – Capital District Fun lists all the regularly scheduled events, includes many library activities.
Who am I missing? There are a couple of Capital Region blogs, namely Steve Barnes’ Table Hopping and All Over Albany, that occasionally mention family events, but those events are typically also posted on one or more of the above sites.